Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Beijing China CJ Side Cars / 1972 BMW R75/5 Toaster

I've been communicating with a guy from China (originally from New Hampshire) who runs / owns a motorcycle business over in Beijing China. He purchased some parts through EBay from me. He custom builds Chang Jaing side hack rigs. Many of his projects use BMW engines as the CJ engines are quite crude. He imports many rigs and sells a lot over there. They take on many custom projects. He is looking for BMW engines so I will send a couple his way. I have three spare lower end engine assemblies which I haven't had any luck selling. He sends a loaded shipping container to China from the East Coast every couple of months. In return he will provide me with some misc. parts from China as I need them. He does some neat custom work with exhaust systems, engine component polishing, shifting mechanisms and so on. I'm not sure what I'll order from him but he does have some really nice old style "fluted" mufflers as used on the older BMW's. I don't really need anything right now so we'll see what comes up. We are running to Las Vegas tomorrow for business. While we are there I am going to pick up a 1972 BMW R75/5 Toaster which I acquired through Craigslist and haul it back to Yuma. Not sure what I've purchased so am interested to see my sight-unseen purchase. The bike had been laid over and sustained some cylinder head damage. I'll post some photos of the new "barn find" when I get it home.

No comments:

Gila Mtns.

Gila Mtns.