Pulled the airbox.... Found that the rodents only got into the upper filter area and not into the carb intake areas. Even so, it appeared that their time there was short as debris found was minimal. I removed the fuel tank and rigged a small syringe for temporary fuel supply. I removed the spark plugs and peered into the cylinders with a light. All looked good. Put the transmission in high gear and the engine turned over smoothly with a turn of the wheel.
I removed / cleaned the fuel taps, flushed a little gas through the tank and re-installed it. I took the bike around the block a couple times to be sure the transmission functioned. All systems appear to be a "go".
Oil light functioned, as did the generator / neutral light.
After a little thought, I decided to list the bike on Craigslist to see if anyone would be interested. I did a quick wipe down and took a few photos.