Monday, November 10, 2008

Callville Bay Lake Mead NV.


Moved to Nevada last week. We are set up at Callville Bay which is about 30 miles from Henderson NV. Beautiful place here. Minimal traffic and quiet. Assembled the side car on Saturday and took a little tour around part of the lake. Weather is in the 60's & 70's.
The hack interior came out real nice. We like the off white. The off white bike seat was questionable but now that it's installed I think it looks good. I found a NOS "R75/5" seat emblem so replaced the R90/6 emblem with the proper badge. Also found a dip stick oil temperature guage so I can moniter oil temperature. I've seen vintage Luftmiester temperature gauges go on E-Bay for over $125.00. I found a new one from a parts dealer for $65.00.
Eventually I will line the sidecar flooring with an automotive indoor-outdoor type carpet. The make a gray colored type, kind of like a trunk lining. I'll have to snoop around to find something. We plan on a run to the Salton Sea weekend after next as long as my work schedule allows. About 600 miles round trip. We'll travel over on Friday, stay Saturday night, and return to L.V. on Sunday.
I've purchased the 1968 R60/ US fender and brace assembly so should have it here within a week or so. The main brace has a crack in it so I found another brace in L.A. to use. Erv Sever BMW has some fenders but want $250.00 - $400.00 for a nicely painted one. A little steep. The fender I have coming has some paint issues but it's hard to tell the condition looking at a photo. My work here hasn't kicked off yet as we are waiting on the govt. permitting process which can take a 7 to 10 days.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Gila Mtns.

Gila Mtns.