Thursday, April 10, 2008

Purity

I recently over heard one of my co workers making racist remarks. I really had to bite my tongue to keep from opening my mouth. We are all guilty of bigotry to a certain extent. Sometimes it is as simple as an expression we grew up hearing. We don't really connect the phrase with the actual meaning of the words. As long as man has walked the earth we have had conflict with one another, whether it be on religious grounds, racial grounds or territorial grounds. Man has been mans worst enemy. If every person would just treat his neighbor as he wished to be treated this cycle would abruptly end. So simple, yet such an impossible goal.......
I have resigned myself to a theory of my own making. Maybe it is an egotistical theory or maybe it is selfish theory, I don't know....
From a spiritual standpoint I look at our short lives as one would look at a river. The river is very long and really has no beginning or end. There are those among us who are racists , bigots and have hateful souls. We must look upon those individuals with pity, not anger. Hate only breeds more hate. One must forgive and stay above that plane of existence. I feel that from the spiritual standpoint some souls are further down that spiritual river than others. The ones upstream really do not comprehend the bigger picture. It is not there fault, they know no better. Maybe this whole idea comes from a theory of reincarnation, as some souls would be older and wiser than others. Again , I do not know. Am I an egotist? Do I think I am better than others? I don't think so, I just feel fortunate to fall back on my theory when I am faced with those with less insight and understanding. There is no real "right" religion. All the religions of the world are just fragments of a bigger picture. It is a picture much bigger than most can comprehend.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Gila Mtns.

Gila Mtns.