This site started out as a way to track a BMW / Jupiter Sidecar motorcycle project. It has gone in many different directions since its' conception. From motorcycle projects, to personal stories, opinions and family histories. I log most of our boring motorcycle riding adventures and experiences. I have completed my "R100S/6" build and changes are on-going.
Ended up working until midnight on Friday night to get caught up with paper work. Darian headed out for Billings around noon. I worked on the bike all day Saturday and then headed out for Alder MT. to visit friends. Our friends place is somewhat of a social gathering spot for a lot of the locals. The sidecar was used to give a few rides for those who wanted. One fella (at least 250lbs.) said he always wanted to ride in a hack so away we went. My lean out was a bit off with his weight added. The night was fun and everyone sat around the fire and drank some beer. The host went out early so his wife and I visited most of the night. We were the last ones' at the fire.
This is Rhondas' infamous whippen post. You don't mess with her or you'll end up right here! Our friends have a neat little two room cabin which they have fixed up real nice. Mikes' only regret was that he didn't slope the oak flooring to a floor drain to handle any beer spills and clean up. They just had some beautiful stone work done in the cabin, with an old cow skull integrated into it. Wish I would have taken some photos. Real cool cabin.
I worked on the old bike all day saturday. Installed an old "Hella" (replica) tail light I found on E-Bay. The light was new, but many years old. The rubber gasket seal was rotten so had to improvise. I rewired the light and got it mounted. The old R75 light I previously mounted self destructed last weekend on our ride to Butte. The housing cracked and it split into a bunch of pieces. I zip tied / taped it together to get home last weekend. That was the 4th time my light mounting went to pieces so this new fender mount light should be non maintenance. Will need to paint it at some point. I rewired every thing so the fender will swivel up to get to the tire if needed.
I went to replace the R75 ignition points Saturday as they are ten years old. The points looked very good still so I just readjusted them and left them alone. I'll carry the spares with me. Also got a new clutch cable to carry as a spare. I pulled both carb diaphragms out to check them and they were both o.k. I was having a little high end miss so thought maybe a diaphragm was bad. Upon getting home I pulled the air filter and found it pretty dirty so changed it. Hopefully that will help. Planning on a ride to Grand Teton Park next weekend. Darian got stung twice by a wasp in Billings this weekend and ended up at the emergency room as she was having some sort of a reaction to the stings. She is not home yet (9:35pm) so hope all is well. She left Billings a lot later than usual as she normally doesn't like to drive at night.