Saturday, December 12, 2009

"The Earth without People"

We made a mad rush from Texas over to Yuma AZ. in the past two days. A lot of things have happened in the past two weeks and we are "reeling". My Mom, at 88, recently fell and broke her hip and has been in a nursing home for the past few weeks. We made the commitment to move in with them in a house and help take care of Mom. This decision brought forth a huge number of logistics to deal with in a short time. We found a house close to other family members and the house has been purchased. Dad will move in on the 18th and we will be moving in at the same time. I had to make arrangements with my employer and also deal with the storage of our motor home & trailers. The over all situation is going to work out fine. Plus I'll have a garage to work on my motorcycles! Once things settle in I'll concentrate on getting the R100S running. I picked up another crate of misc. BMW parts I had in Yuma and hopefully have most of the parts I need.

Arriving in Yuma we were greeted with a vision of a forest of weeds......When Dad lived here he would clean up the lot and spray it each year before we arrived so we never saw it in its' "natural" state. I have a landscaping company coming out tomorrow to clean it up and spray....just don't have the time to do it myself.
I'll need to winterize the motor home tomorrow before we head north...looks like we will be heading into some cold ass weather........
Weeds................

and more weeds.................


No comments:

Gila Mtns.

Gila Mtns.